Venepuncture & Cannulation
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who may need to take blood for diagnositc purposes, or for undertaking procedures such as PRP for medical, aesthetic or dental use. This course can be taken as a stand alone module, but is a great addition to our taught platelet rich plasma training course ( PRP) as pre course preparation and reference.
What will I learn?
- How to gain venous access and draw blood for analysis or for conducting PRP treatment
- Anatomy and physiology of veins and the circulatory system
- Informed consent
- Health and safety procedures and risk assessment
- Undertaking the correct procedure, including:
- Order of draw
- Use and disposal of equipment
- Choosing the right vein and maintaining patient safety.
- The role of the health care worker
- Record Keeping
- Referring to a health care professional
- Avoiding and managing complications